Friday, January 25, 2013

Blog or be spatula-ed!

I started this year with several goals in mind. First, my book reading goal, which you can see below. Second, each day during my period of unemployment (length unknown, but still continuing) I would either post something on the blog or on the vlog Cal and I created.

So far, there are two posts on the vlog channel and nowhere near enough posts here to account for the other 24 days. The goal is still there, but my carry-through hasn't been very good. Yeah, I've been in Wellington for four of those days, and I've been working Thursdays, and I've been doing a frantic job-hunt. But then I think to myself: would I let any of those things get in the way of writing for NaNo?

Setting a goal that says "I'll do this, so long as I don't have this going on" is like saying "I'll do NaNo today, so long as I don't have to eat." Granted, I might have withheld food from myself in order to encourage word count a few times each November, but that's hardly the point. The point is, there's no sense to a goal that has an "unless." Be witness to my declaration: from this day forward, I don't have excuses. I'll post something on this blog every single day for the next week (and hopefully beyond), or else.

Luckily, I have some friends who will hold me accountable and carry through the "or else." With spatulas. And one of them has found some quite frightening spatulas, too.

So starts my seven-day blogging challenge. (And I'm in with nine hours to spare!)

2 comments:

  1. I will play some awesome Beginning music for you! I 'll try to join you in that goal. I'm trying to write a blog to show off my web-writing skills to potential employers but so far all it show off are my procrastination skills. I think they should really be allowed to find those out for themselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be awesome if you want to join! Seriously, need company for this. I look forward to reading your posts! Want me to put a link to your blog in my "links" section??

      Delete